Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 4th Update --- Finished the first clock

Well, a lot of frustration, ingenuity, help, and Miller Genuine Draft got the first clock done! Honestly, it came out way better than I ever thought it would. The electronics and everything feel solid now after all the glue and solder I dropped on them!

Here's me testing the fire before I glued it all in.


And here is what the clock looks like with just the white base, switch, and lights on.

I think this is the first time I have used an artistic paint brush since 8th grade. I think I somewhat got the crayon look of the clock in 12oz.

Here's where I got a little artistic. I painted a digital looking "2:22" all over the white area of the clock. The paint is done in phosphorescent red paint that lights up under UV.

Next to a picture of the clock from Corndogcentral.com

Those caps over the clock may make it look a little worse in the day, but they direct the beams of light from the LEDs onto the clock's surface to make the 2:22s all light up. Directing the light of the UV leds was a problem, and the answer was... Cut the beer cans up that we were drinking and mold them into hoods!

And this is what you get!
Oh yea, decided to paint the hands with yellow fluorescent paint too. Because, it's way more awesome that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment