Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trip to Menards

I went off yesterday to Menards to pick up 6 sq.ft. of 3/8" particle board. Luckily for me, I brought my grandpa along to help me make a better choice.

We ended up coming home with a 4x2 ft. piece of 1/2" MDF board. It is awesome.

Because I know nothing of woodworking, I let my grandpa teach me a thing or two. I cut out a big piece for (2x2') for my main clock, and 4 1x1' squares for others.

I forgot to take pictures of them right away, but here they are getting their first layer of primer.




Since the clock movements I bought are only 3/8" long, we needed to rout out a 2x2" area to rest the movement behind each board's center. I never knew this type of tool existed. After my grandpa did the first, I carved out the other two.


Other purchases from Menards included a $3 soldering iron (thankyou, clearance!) and a piece of air duct that will be used as a hood for some of the lighting on the main clock.



No comments:

Post a Comment